Happy Meta Monday folks!
Were you too busy this weekend doing the Monster Mash at a Halloween party to keep up with Web3 headlines? Not a problem, WGMI Media has you covered. Here’s what we’ll be talking about:
- Elon Musk sends CryptoDickbutts soaring
- 9dcc is using NFTs to take community building to the next level
- Three things to look out for today!
Elon Musk Sends CryptoDickbutts Flying
Welcome to another edition of “things I thought I would never say as a fully grown adult”: CryptoDickbutts is pumping.
The catalyst? Elon Musk.
In between firing Twitter executives, Elon found the time to read the results of a study about the average penis size in nude paintings. Mr. Musk responded in the only way he could… with a picture of a CryptoDickbutt NFT.
Judging from this Tweet, it isn’t only rockets that Elon is sending to the moon. The resulting scurry to gobble up CryptoDickbutt NFTs pushed the floor price from around 1 ETH to 3 ETH in less than an hour.
For those that don’t know, CryptoDickbutts is an NFT meme community that rose to prominence in August this year. There is a CryptoDickbutts DAO, and their mission is to buy a physical “Gooch Island” where holders can visit and roam freely.
Welcome to the internet.
9dcc: The future of fashion
and community building?
ITERATION-01 is, in the crudest terms, a t-shirt. However, that t-shirt contains a chip that can be scanned by a phone to claim a companion NFT.
This kind of technology enables community activation in a way that wasn’t possible before.
- Referral system on steroids: Firstly, it empowers the 9dcc community to distribute POAP NFTs to their friends and family. Those POAPs can then be used to access the larger 9dcc community. If you incentivize holders to give out POAPs, or give freebies to people who receive POAPs, you’ve got yourself a level 99 referral system.
- Community games and events: At Art Basel on November 29, 9dcc holders will be able to give out limited edition POAPs (by getting others to scan their t-shirts). The individuals who collect the most unique POAPs and distribute the most POAPs at the end of the event will win an ITERATION-01 NFT.
It’s a beautiful example of how NFTs can be used to elevate brand engagement and customer/community experiences.
Keep Your Eyes Peeled
It won’t just be children dressed as vampires receiving treats this Halloween. There’s a banger project dropping and a number of airdrops happening:
This will almost certainly be the biggest mint this week. The project has a powerhouse team including Justin Roiland (co-creator of Rick and Morty) and is backed by Paradigm.
The NFTs themselves gobble art. You can use the Art Gobblers ‘draw tool’ to create 1/1 NFTs. The Art Gobbler NFT will then eat that artwork, and will be displayed inside the NFT’s belly gallery forever.
You can read more about the project here. It mints at 4.20pm ET.
DigiDaigaku ‘Dark Spirit’ airdrop
Gutter Cat Gang
We’re bullish on every reader who brightens up a degen’s day by forwarding this newsletter 😎
It would really help us out!