Whether you’re an entrepreneur, an aspiring influencer, or a fully-fledged business, Twitter is an awesome tool for finding potential fans, customers and community members.
The problem is that building a following on Twitter takes time. A lot of time.
In the beginning, Twitter can be frustrating. You can spend hours creating a beautifully crafted Tweet, and you would be lucky to get a couple of likes and a comment. Well, now we can use AI tools to alleviate some of that pain.
This article will show you how to boost your productivity, improve your content, and grow your following on Twitter in a fraction of the time it usually takes.
Here is a complete guide to Twitter marketing and growing your following using AI tools like ChatGPT (and other powerful AI tools).
A good place to start when thinking about how to grow your Twitter is to first identify what is already working for other people. You (or ChatGPT) will need to do a little digging.
- Step 1. Identify the top 6 influencers in your niche / industry: Search for the most prominent individuals in your niche that have a large following on Twitter. You can find those individuals by searching on Twitter, Google or ChatGPT. Study their profile photo, bio and content to identify the influencers that resonate with you most.
- Step 2. Put all 6 influencers in a Twitter ‘List’: Twitter lists are a great feature which you can use to create an organized and curated Twitter feed that consists solely of the selected accounts. Create a list dedicated to influencers in your niche, and study that feed every single day. Make sure you complete this step because your list will come in handy later.
Optimize your profile
When a prospective follower lands on your Twitter profile, they will make a split-second judgment based on the quality of your profile photo, your banner, and your bio. You need to optimize your profile to make sure as many people as possible are persuaded that you will be a high-value follow.
You only have one shot at this for most people, so you need to get this right. Fortunately, we have AI tools that can help us optimize our profile.
Profile photoAlmost all big Twitter profiles have a profile photo that stands out. It becomes an important part of your Twitter brand, and makes you instantly recognizable by your audience when they see your posts and comments. So you need to make your photo really good.
If you don’t have the budget for a professional photoshoot, then you can use an AI tool to create a profile photo that really stands out from the crowd.
ProfilePicture.AI is an AI tool that you can use to create an AI avatar version of yourself. You can turn a normal photo of yourself into a stunning profile photo in a variety of creative styles.
Perfect your bio
Your bio should summarize your experience, personality, and mission all in one or two sentences. Creating a perfect bio is hard, and ChatGPT can help.
- Copy and paste this prompt into ChatGPT: Using the influencer ‘List’ we prepared earlier in the article, we are going to copy and paste each of their bios into a ChatGPT prompt. By feeding ChatGPT the relevant information about yourself, it will emulate the influencer bios to create a personalized, professional bio for your Twitter profile.
Prompt: “You are a professional copywriter and marketer. You have been helping entrepreneurs and businesses grow their audience on social media for 10 years, with a particular focus on Twitter.
I want you to write my bio on Twitter.
I create content related to [INSERT YOUR INFO]
Here are 6 examples of Twitter bios that you should emulate when creating my Twitter bio:
[COPY AND PASTE EXAMPLES]
Create 10 potential Twitter bios that are personalized for me, but use the same style and ideas from the examples provided.”
Creating Twitter content: what to post?
This is the important part. It is your content that will capture the attention of your potential followers (and customers), so you need to be consistently creating high-quality Twitter posts.
The first thing to bear in mind is that Twitter is hungry for content. The top 25% of top-performing accounts post twice per day. The algorithm prefers people who tweet regularly, so you need to be creating content all the time.
But what to post? If you’re struggling to think of ideas, then you can use AI to help you brainstorm (and even create) content that will go viral and grow your brand on Twitter.
- Emulate your influencer ‘List’: Remember the list we created earlier? Scroll down that feed religiously every single day. See what content is working, and what isn’t. Use it as inspiration for your own posts.
- Twitter threads: People on Twitter love informative threads. We can use ChatGPT to turn articles (either our own or other people’s articles) into a thread that is suitable for Twitter.
Prompt: “Turn this article into a Twitter thread:
“[COPY AND PASTE ENTIRE ARTICLE]””
- Retweeting popular tweets, and adding your own thoughts: Leverage the virality of popular topics and tweets by retweeting them. When retweeting, add your own thoughts (or ChatGPT’s) to contribute to the conversation.
Prompt: “I want to retweet this Tweet and add my own comment:
“[COPY AND PASTE TWEET]”
Write 5 possible comments on the Tweet.”
- Twitter polls: Twitter polls are great for encouraging interaction and engagement with your content. You can use ChatGPT to help you brainstorm so you never run out of poll ideas.
Prompt: “I want to create Twitter polls that go viral. My Twitter page is related to [INSERT NICHE AND THE PAGE’S MISSION].
I want the polls to be interesting and even controversial.
Create 10 poll ideas for my Twitter page.“
- Brainstorming infographic ideas: Infographics are highly shareable and engaging because they communicate complex information in an easy-to-understand way. You can use ChatGPT to help you brainstorm infographic ideas.
Prompt: “I want to create Twitter infographics that go viral. My Twitter page is in relation to [INSERT NICHE AND YOUR PAGE’S GOAL].
I want the infographics to be insightful and impactful.
Create 10 infographic ideas for my twitter page.”
- Creating infographics: When you find an infographic idea you like, ask ChatGPT to provide more details on what it might look like. Then use Midjourney to create some of the visuals, and Canva to put them all together.
Prompt: “What could the following infographic look like? “[INSERT INFOGRAPHIC TITLE]”
Provide an example text, stat and image for each of the sections of the infographic.”
Boost your engagement (by engaging)
Creating an engaged audience should be the primary goal, over and above building a large audience. How valuable are one million followers if you get zero likes, comments and retweets?
When one of your followers interacts with your tweet, one of their followers will see it and become curious. Comments and discussion are, in effect, an endorsement of your content, and you should do everything in your power to generate that discussion.
Use these two simple methods to generate discussion around your content, and boost your engagement.
Method 1: Respond to every single comment
Responding to your comments on Twitter can help build a relationship with your audience by demonstrating that you are interested in their thoughts and feedback. It helps build a sense of community around your account and encourages others to engage with your content.
Importantly, the Twitter algorithm loves engaging content. When you create content that is generating discussion, Twitter rewards you by elevating you to the top of the Home Feed.
The issue with this strategy is that it is extremely time consuming. That’s why we can use tools like ChatGPT, Merlin or Tweet Hunter to save us time and brainpower.
Merlin is a Chrome extension that allows us to use the power of ChatGPT directly on Twitter. We simply highlight a comment that we want to respond to, and ask Merlin to generate a witty, insightful or though-provoking reply.
For a detailed breakdown of how to use Merlin to reply to every single comment, check out our full article.
Method 2: Respond to every single DM
Using the same process as Method 1, use AI tools to help you respond to every single DM you receive.
Customers and followers expect brands to monitor their platform. Your followers will feel a sense of validation when you reply to their messages. It makes them feel like you care about them, and they will reward you with loyalty. It also makes it more likely that your next posts will appear on that person’s feed.
Optimize your daily routine
Growing a social media presence requires consistency and strategic planning to take the appropriate actions every single day. ChatGPT can help you identify the daily routines and habits you will need to develop to achieve your long-term goals.
Be as specific as possible in your prompt, to ensure ChatGPT’s response is personalized and tailored to your situation.
Prompt: “I want to grow my Twitter following from 10,000 to 100,000 in one year. How would you break this goal down into a yearly system of daily routines and habits? Make the list a daily to-do list, and make each task specific, achievable, and measurable.”
For more information on turning ChatGPT into your personal assistant and professional mentor, check out this article.
Growing a Twitter following is tough. It takes a lot of time, brainpower and dedication. Although you will still need great concepts and creativity to find customers on Twitter, you can use AI tools to do a lot of the heavy lifting.