Instagram remains one of the most important platforms for businesses and content creators to build their audience in 2023. If your target audience and potential customers are under 40 years old, then growing your following and improving your engagement on Instagram is non-negotiable.
But starting out on Instagram can be rough. It can take months (and sometimes even years) to start being recognized by Instagram’s algorithm.
In this article, I’ll walk you through 4 strategies to grow your Instagram using AI tools like ChatGPT and Midjourney. If you can incorporate these Instagram growth hacks into your daily routines, I guarantee they will drastically reduce the amount of time it takes to blow up on Instagram.
1. Superhuman content brainstorming
Instagram is a numbers game. The Instagram algorithm loves content volume, and we recommend that you post between 3-7 times per week on Instagram to grow optimally.
A high volume of high-quality content dramatically increases the chance that one of your pieces of content will go viral. If you stay consistent, then the IG algorithm will also reward you by boosting you up the rankings.
But creating that many pieces of high-quality content is challenging to say the least. Here’s how you can use AI tools like ChatGPT to help you brainstorm thousands of IG post ideas in just a few clicks.
Simply ask ChatGPT for post ideas related to your niche
- Ask ChatGPT how your brand can take advantage of Instagram trends: Growing your Instagram quickly is all about making content that people want to see. We call topics with high demand ‘Trends’. Examples of some seasonal trends (where interest in that topic spikes) include the Super Bowl, the Oscars, Christmas and the Olympics. Make it your mission to create content that taps into this demand and make it relevant to your audience, and you can use ChatGPT to help.
2. Create short-form video content
Instagram Reels has really been WGMI Media’s key to reaching millions of people on Instagram over the last few months. The average reach with Reels on our account is approximately 30-40k, but every now and then we post one Reel that will reach millions. Those viral videos have led to thousands of new subscribers for our channel.
The problem with creating videos is that is takes a lot more time than a simple picture post. You can use AI tools to help reduce the time it takes to create short-form video content that will help your page go viral.
- Quickly create short videos from long ones with Vidyo: Vidyo.ai is an AI tool that allows you to instantly turn long-form videos (like podcasts, Twitch streams, documentaries, and YouTube videos) into short-form videos that are ready to be posted on Instagram. It allows you to take the highlights and shareable clips from long-form content, and use it as short-form content on IG.
3. Optimize your captions
Remember, the name of the game is getting people to stop scrolling and look at your content for as long as possible. If you do that, the Instagram algorithm will know it is high-quality content and will reward you by showing your content to more people.
Captions are the text that accompanies your image and has a 2,200-character limit (that’s a lot). Optimizing your captions is an underrated way to get people to spend more time engaging and interacting with your post. We can use ChatGPT to make sure we never run out of engaging post captions.
- Use ChatGPT to write your captions: If writing isn’t your strong point, then ask ChatGPT to write your captions for you.
- Use ChatGPT to brainstorm quotes: People love a good quote. It’s just a fact of life. Ask ChatGPT to generate 5 quotes that are relevant to your post.
- Ask ChatGPT to add relevant emojis: People also love emojis. Another fact of life. You can Ask ChatGPT to break up your text and paragraphs with relevant emojis to make the text more engaging and funner to read.
4. Use FREE professional AI art and imagery as backgrounds
Instagram is a visual platform. Instagram users are obsessed with images and art that are aesthetically pleasing. If you’re posting a simple quote, message, fact, news update, or idea, then you can spruce up your post with stunning AI art.
Midjourney is a generative text-to-image tool that uses AI to create beautiful images based on the text prompts that you provide. You can use it to take your Instagram posts and Stories to the next level.
If you don’t know how to use Midjourney, or want to take your AI art skills to the next level, make sure you read this article on how to use Midjourney.
Midjourney prompts for Instagram backgrounds
Start your prompt with “Instagram Story background”. Then give some details about the kind of look you are going for, taking into account the kind of aesthetic that is popular in your niche. End the prompt with “–ar 2:3” to set the aspect ratio so it is suitable for Instagram. Here are some examples:
- Instagram Story background, pastel, aesthetic, money, green and black –ar 2:3
- Instagram Story background, emojis, funny, colorful –ar 2:3
- Instagram Story background, Leaves falling, autumn colors, aesthetic –ar 2:3
Getting more followers on Instagram is hard. It takes creativity, consistency, and time. We can increase our chances of succeeding by taking advantage of AI tools.
If you don’t, your competitors will.
To learn more about how you can use AI tools to grow your brand and business, make sure you check out these articles: